ImageJ for Astronomy
Click for screenshots of AstroImageJ in use
Version 2.1.0 with many new features,
AstroCC, is now available.
AstroImageJ (AIJ) ...
- Runs on Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- Provides an interactive interface similar to ds9
- Reads and writes FITS images with standard headers
- Displays astronomical coordinates for images with WCS
- Offers flat field, scaled dark, and non-linearity processing
- Includes tools for precision photometry that can be used during real-time data acquisition
- Supports photometry for developing color-magnitude data
- Exports analyses formatted as spreadsheets
- Creates color images and with native ImageJ processing power
Comments, requests for help and new features, and bug reports should be posted to the
AstroImageJ is ImageJ with astronomy plugins and macros installed.
It includes tools based on the
Göttingen ImageJ astronomical resources
with additions we find useful.
Because it was necessary to modify the original ImageJ code to enable some of these features,
this package should be installed in
Last update: January 29, 2013
kielkopf at louisville dot edu