ImageJ for Astronomy
Click for other screenshots of AstroImageJ in use
The latest version has many new features,
AstroCC, and exoplanet model fitting. It is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux by
downloading an installation package . After installation, the built-in Help->Update option keeps your version current.
AstroImageJ (AIJ) ...
New in version 3.2.0 (update after installation) --
- Runs on Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- Provides an interactive interface similar to ds9
- Reads and writes FITS images with standard headers
- Allows FITS header viewing and editing
- Plate solves and adds WCS to images seamlessly using the Astrometry.net web interface
- Displays astronomical coordinates for images with WCS
- Provides object identification via an embedded SIMBAD interface
- Aligns image sequences using WCS headers or by using apertures to correlate stars
- Image calibration including bias, dark, flat, and non-linearity correction with option to run in real-time
- Interactive time-series differential photometry interface with option to run in real-time
- Allows comparison star ensemble changes without re-running differential photometry
- Provides an interactive multi-curve plotting tool streamlined for plotting light curves
- Includes an interactive light curve fitting interface with simultaneous detrending
- Allows non-destructive object annotations/labels using FITS header keywords
- Provides a time and coordinate converter tool with capability to update/enhance FITS header content (AIRMASS, BJD, etc.)
- Exports analyses formatted as spreadsheets
- Creates color images and with native ImageJ processing power
- Optionally enter reference star apparent magnitudes to calculate target star magnitudes automatically
- Optionally create Minor Planet Center (MPC) format for direct submission of data to the MPC
- Coordinate Converter
- Extracts ICRS coordinates from SIMBAD rather than FK5 (FK5 was dropped from SIMBAD query response)
- Additions to the internal list of observatories
- Update operation now updates AIJ version number in Info.plist CFBundleVersion and CFBundleShortVersionString (MacOSX only)
- Windows installations now support local plate solving using the ansvr package. Requires version 0.17 or higher. See http://adgsoftware.com/ansvr/ .
- Annotation names with Greek letters now saved to FITS header as text-based names to accommodate FITS header character restrictions
- Image Display
- Fixed bug that caused live photometer to not follow changes in the background region star removal setting after an image is displayed
- Light curve fitting panel - fixed a bug that allowed negative values of baseline flux (caused fit panel lockup after restarting)
Comments, requests for help and new features, and bug reports should be posted to the
AstroImageJ is ImageJ with astronomy plugins and macros installed.
It includes tools based on the
Göttingen ImageJ astronomical resources
with additions we find useful.
Because it was necessary to modify the original ImageJ code to enable some of these features,
this package should be installed in
AstroImageJ is open source software
and is distributed under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
components which are in the
Last update: January 12, 1017
kielkopf at louisville dot edu