Python Software for Astronomical Telescope Focus Control
In this version ...
- Uses Phidgets USB servo motor control
- Provides telescope temperature sensors
- Adaptable to Planewave Hedrick focusers and others using small brushed encoded DC servo motors
- Used with XmTel and XmCCD provides for precision remote control of telescope focus
- All-in-one standalone version
PyFocus provides for local or remote operation of an
astronomical telescope focuser. While specific to the hardware we use for the Shared Skies programs
at Moore and Mt. Kent Observatories, PyFocus may be readily adapted to other hardware. Specifically the
Phidgets servo controller will operate small 12VDC brushed motors that may be used for
for other telescope instrumentation.
Last update: July 22, 2012
kielkopf at louisville dot edu