Variable Stars in Messier 3
The two small cropped images are pieces of the larger image taken with the CDK20N
telescope at Moore Observatory in a 300 second exposure on the night of March 27, 2012, UT. The
filter is a Johnson-Cousins V (490 to 580 nm) and would appear blue-green to the eye.
- The File menu will show you the images that are loaded. Once loaded, you may select that
image again by clicking on File.
- Moving the mouse (or a single finger on a touchscreen phone or tablet) over the image will display the position and signal value of
- Select Color to change the display color map.
- Select Scale to change how the signal is mapped to the display brightness. A log scale is recommended.
- Pressing the left mouse button and moving the mouse (or two fingers) will change
the appearance of the image.
- Up and down changes the contrast.
- Left and right changes the brightness.
- Use Zoom for a closer view. You may pan across the zoomed image by moving the green box in the panner window on the upper
- Begin again with an empty display by pressing Shift> and clicking the reload symbol on your browser window.