Python Software for Astronomical Telescope Focus Control
In this version ...
- Uses Phidgets USB servo motor control
- Provides for reading telescope temperature sensors
- Adaptable to Planewave Hedrick focusers and others using small brushed encoded DC servo motors
- Used with XmTel and XmCCD provides for precision remote control of telescope focus
- Command line scriptable and GUI versions
PyFocus provides for local or remote operation of an
astronomical telescope focuser. While specific to the hardware we use for the Shared Skies programs
at Moore and Mt. Kent Observatories, PyFocus may be readily adapted to other hardware. Specifically the
Phidgets DC motor controllers will operate brushed and brushless motors that may be used for for other telescope instrumentation.
Last update: May 17, 2018
kielkopf at louisville dot edu