Linux Software for Astronomical CCD Camera Control
- In the current version ...
- Runs natively on recent OpenSuse and Ubuntu Linux distributions
- Apogee Alta, Alta-F (new in version 6.1), and Apogee camera support
- Many SBIG cameras and filter wheels
- External filter wheel option and supports the Optec IFW filter wheels
- Focus, single, and multiple frames with automatic file storage
- FITS file format with exposure, camera, telescope, object and filter header information
- Interactive image display and analysis with latest SAOimage ds9
- Interactive data processing in real time with AstroImageJ
- Graphical subarea selection through ds9 region selection
- Remote operation and command line control with XPA and Python scripting
- Autoguiding with Python
- Coming soon ...
- Web interfacing for browser operation
- Improved user documentation
XmCCD creates FITS image files with
comprehensive header information and displays the images using ds9. Images
may be processed for dark subtraction and
flat fielding in real time with AstroImageJ,
or with our batch processing Alsvid package.
Last update: July 24, 2016
kielkopf at louisville dot edu